Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum and Copper
Why Trade Precious Metals through DAVID JAMES MARKETS?
- Lower Transaction Costs. Trade Commission Free, no exchange fees, & no clearing fees. The transaction cost is the spread, the difference between the buy and sell price.
- Greater Ease of Trading. All precious metals are traded alongside currencies on Trading Station II, providing you with convenient, intuitive, one-click trading.
- Generous Leverage.† You can trade with 200-1 leverage, or 0.5% margin. Trading in the futures market requires large contracts-$4000 margin to maintain a 100-ounce position is common. In the futures market leverage is usually limited to 25 to 1.
- Hedging Capability. You can go long or short spot gold in the same account and hedge your positions.
- Advanced Charting. Trade gold using either Trading Station II’s advanced trading package or you can use David James Market’s Metatrader4 platform which is also preferred by many professionals.
Trading Metals on Margin
- Leverage to trade is set at 200-1, or 0.5% margin. Therefore, with each $1 in your account you control $200.
- Margin is the funds in your account necessary to back an individual trade. With 0.5% margin, you must keep in your account a cash balance of .5% of the total value of your position(s) in order to maintain the position.
Symbols for Precious Metals